INDIGO DREAMS PUBLISHING LTD
Geoff Stevens was born at West Bromwich 4th June 1942. He worked as an industrial chemist until 1995.
In 1976 he launched his own poetry magazine, Purple Patch, a successful and long-running magazine, called 'a national treasure' by The Guardian. The magazine closed with his death in February 2012.
Geoff was also a successful poet in his own right being published in many magazines both in UK and overseas. We were lucky enough to be his friend and publisher, his last Indigo publication, Sleeping With You, being published just one month before he died. He saw it, he loved it, and wrote: "I’m glad that Indigo Dreams is so busy – it means the UK’s best poetry publisher is being successful." Totally over the top, but hey, who cares?
A great lover of poetry, a great man to know. We will keep his name alive through this competition in his honour.
Geoff Stevens 04/06/1942 - 02/02/2012
GEOFF STEVENS MEMORIAL POETRY PRIZE 2020
•Two winners will have a 52 page poetry collection published by award-winning publishers Indigo Dreams Publishing and receive 20 copies
•Submission: 15 poems
•Entry Fee: £17 per block of poems, £32 for two, £45 for three
•Closing Date: 29th February 2020
•Online entries only
1. Please send each poem on its own sheet (or sheets if it runs over) and submission as one document. Poems must be your own work.
2.Entries are judged anonymously so poems must not bear any identifying marks.
3. Submitted poems may have been published online, in anthology or magazines but not as a complete collection.
4. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org ONLY please. Send one email with your name, address, collection title and PayPal transaction number.
Subject heading ‘Geoff Stevens’.
Send a second email with same subject heading, plus collection title and poems as attachment. Send as Word Document or Rich Text File only please. NO PDF.
5. Winning collections will be up to 52 pages in length and published 2020.
6. More than one entry may be submitted provided it is accompanied by the correct entry fee.
7. All entries will be treated as copies and cannot be returned.
8. By submitting to this competition you are agreeing to details of winners / short and longlisted entrants to be displayed on this website, social media and elsewhere.
Thank you for supporting this competition - and good luck!
We hope to announce the results in early April
PLEASE PAY HERE SELECTING ONE, TWO OR THREE ENTRIES
Carl Griffin - Throat of Hawthorn
Jenny Mitchell - Her Lost Language